- Associate Minister of Finance, responsible for the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan, June 2014 – June 2016
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Community and Social Services, September 2013 – June 2014
- B.A., University of Toronto (Scarborough Campus)
- MBA, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Memberships and Associations
- Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance
Mitzie Hunter was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2013 as the MPP for Scarborough-Guildwood. She was re-elected in 2014.
Mitzie currently serves as Minister of Education. She was previously Associate Minister of Finance, responsible for the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan.
She has worked as CEO of the Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance. She champions unlocking the GTA’s potential by ensuring fair and inclusive access to employment and prosperity.
Hunter and her family immigrated to Canada from Jamaica in 1975, and she grew up in Scarborough. Hunter graduated with a B.A. from the University of Toronto (Scarborough Campus) and completed an MBA from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto.