- Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, June 2014 – June 2016
- Minister of Community and Social Services, February 2013 – June 2014
- Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, October 2011 – February 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, January 2010 – November 2011
- Minister of Consumer Services, June 2009 – January 2010
- Minister of Government Services, July 2008 – June 2009
- Minister of Government and Consumer Services, October 2007 – July 2008
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Education, March 2006 – September 2007
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Government Services, June 2005 – March 2006
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Consumer and Business Services, September 2004 – June 2005
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister Responsible for Seniors, October 2003 – September 2004
- MPP, Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Aldershot, September 2000 – September 2007
- Mayor, Flamborough, 1994-2000
- City Councillor, Hamilton, 1977-1981
- Diploma in Social Studies, Mohawk College, 1970
- BA, BSW, McMaster University, 1974
- MSW, Wilfrid Laurier University, 1975
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Barbara) with three daughters
Memberships and Associations
- Executive Director, Burlington Social Planning Council
- Mission and Stewardship Officer, United Church of Canada
- Hamilton Mental Health Association
- Wesley Urban Ministries
- Five Oaks Christian Workers Centre
- Circle of Friends
- Operation Lifeline
- President, Hamilton and Burlington YMCA
- President, Hamilton-Wentworth Lung Association
Honours and Awards
- Friend of Youth Award, Waterdown District High School, 1997
- Queen’s Golden Jubilee Community Service Medal, 2002
- Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award, McMaster University, 2007
- Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2007
- Friend of Mohawk College Award, 2009
- Diamond Jubilee Community Service Medal, 2012
Ted McMeekin was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2000 as the MPP for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Aldershot. He was re-elected in 2003. McMeekin was then elected as the MPP for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale in 2007, and re-elected in 2011 and 2014.
McMeekin currently serves as Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier. He has previously served as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing; Minister of Community and Social Services; Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs; Minister of Consumer Services; Minister of Government Services; and Minister of Government and Consumer Services.
He has been an advocate for seniors, children with special needs, farm risk-management programs, strategic infrastructure investment and the environment.
Prior to entering provincial politics, McMeekin worked as Executive Director of the Burlington Social Planning Council, a City Councillor in Hamilton, and Chairman of Part-Time Studies at Mohawk College.
McMeekin has a long history of community service. He served as Mayor of Flamborough from 1994 to 2000 and as a Hamilton City Councillor from 1977 to 1981.
He has also worked to make a difference with many local organizations, including the Hamilton Mental Health Association, Wesley Urban Ministries, Five Oaks Christian Workers Centre, Circle of Friends and Operation Lifeline. McMeekin served as President of both the Hamilton and Burlington YMCA and the Hamilton-Wentworth Lung Association. He has acted as an overseas volunteer, a church youth group leader, and a baseball and soccer coach.
McMeekin and his wife, Barbara, live in Waterdown and have three daughters.