Ontario Supporting Manufacturing Sector in Brantford
Province Partnering with J.P. Bowman Precision Tooling to Support More Than 75 Jobs
Ontario is partnering with J.P. Bowman Precision Tooling to help them invest in new technologies and grow their business, creating 16 jobs and retaining 65 positions in Brantford.
Ted McMeekin, MPP for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale, made the announcement today on behalf of Jeff Leal, Minister Responsible for Small Business, along with Dave Levac, MPP for Brant.
J.P. Bowman Precision Tooling is a leading tool and die manufacturer, primarily serving the automotive industry in North America and Europe. The company offers complete in-house services such as virtual engineering, using the latest hardware and software technologies. Bowman supplies tooling for companies such as BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Volvo, GM, Ford and Chrysler.
With support from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, Bowman will invest in new equipment and expand its capabilities and technologies to produce larger dies used to stamp next-generation, higher strength steels. These enhancements will allow the company to meet growing demand from their auto-sector clients for innovative and light weight components.
Supporting business investment in southwestern Ontario is part of our plan to create jobs, grow the economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- Ontario is investing $755,000 through the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund for this project, supporting an additional investment of $6,795,000 from J.P. Bowman Precision Tooling. The project is expected to be completed by May 2021.
- The auto industry contributes around $16 billion annually to Ontario’s GDP.
- Since 2013, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and Eastern Ontario Development Fund have helped to create and retain approximately 45,000 jobs and attracted approximately $2.2 billion in investment. The funds cover up to 15 per cent of eligible project costs, with the recipient company funding the remainder from its own resources.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Ontario’s five-year, $650-million Business Growth Initiative is helping to grow the economy and create jobs by promoting an innovation-based economy, helping small companies scale-up and modernizing regulations for businesses.
“Our government is partnering with J.P. Bowman to help this leading Ontario manufacturer purchase new equipment to meet the growing needs of the auto sector, creating good jobs and boosting economic growth in Brantford. Our strategic investments are supporting Ontario’s manufacturing sector and keeping the province at the very forefront of innovation and prosperity for years to come.”
“The Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is a great example of how business and government can work together to create the long-term, highly skilled jobs that are fueling our economic growth. With this investment, J.P. Bowman will be able to take advantage of new markets and reach their full potential.”
“I’m happy to see the Government of Ontario supporting a company that is an important employer and a key part of our local economy. J.P. Bowman has deep roots in Brantford, and I’m proud to see them grow their business, bringing new jobs and opportunities to our community.”
“We are pleased to partner with the Ontario government as we continue to grow our business in Brantford. This investment is playing a pivotal role in giving us the confidence to expand, create highly skilled jobs, diversify our product line and stay competitive.”