Ontario Supporting Over 870 Jobs in Ayr and Woodstock
Province Partnering with Local Businesses to Boost the Local Economy
Ontario is partnering with Bend All Automotive, SOPREMA Canada and Hino Motors Canada to drive economic growth, creating more than 90 new jobs and supporting 784 existing positions in southwestern Ontario.
Kathryn McGarry, MPP for Cambridge, made the announcement today at Bend All Automotive in Ayr, on behalf of Jeff Leal, Minister Responsible for Small Business.
Bend All Automotive is an award winning supplier of specialized components and automation tooling equipment for the automotive industry. With support from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, the company is investing in innovative technology to make light weight products to help vehicle manufacturers meet growing demand for low emission and fuel efficient vehicles. The new aluminum production line will be 100 per cent recyclable and 35 per cent lighter than the products made in traditional coated steel. The company will also invest in and build new tube processing equipment including cutters, multi-station formers, washing systems, benders and assembly stations.
SOPREMA Canada is an international manufacturer specializing in waterproofing and insulation products, as well as soundproofing and vegetative "green" solutions for the roofing, building and civil engineering sectors. With support from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, the company is investing in the construction of a new high technology plant in Woodstock. The 107,000 square feet plant will be dedicated to making SBS modified bitumen membrane, a foundational material used on roofs for waterproofing. The company will also invest in new production lines to increase cost efficiencies and enhance global competitiveness, making it the most innovative plant of SOPREMA group.
Hino Motors Canada is the exclusive producer and distributor of Hino commercial trucks in Canada. With support from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, the company is investing in new equipment to expand its product offerings and begin the assembly process for a new range of trucks. With the investment, the company will have the capability to enter into new markets and increase its competitive edge.
Supporting business investment in southwest Ontario is part of Ontario's plan to create fairness and opportunity during this period of rapid economic change. The plan includes a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, easier access to affordable child care, and free prescription drugs for everyone under 25 through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation.
- Bend All Automotive: Ontario is investing $1.5 million from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, supporting an additional investment of $11,528,677 from the company. The project will create 30 new jobs, support retention of 684 existing positions, and is expected to be completed by December 2020.
- SOPREMA Canada: Ontario is investing $3,716,521 from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, supporting a major additional investment from the company. The project will create more than 50 jobs.
- Hino Motors Canada: Ontario is investing $283,200 from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, supporting an additional investment of $3,862,900 from the company. The project will create 10 new jobs, help to retain 100 existing positions and is expected to be completed by December 2021.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Since 2013, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund has committed support of over $163 million, helping to create and retain around 41,000 jobs and leveraging over $1.92 billion in total investments.
“We are playing a pivotal role in supporting regional economic growth in southwestern Ontario by making strategic investments in these three innovative companies. Adopting new technologies is helping them boost their competitive edge, creating good jobs and growing local economies.”
“Ontario is committed to forging partnerships that create good jobs and strengthen our economy. We are pleased to support these innovative companies in their business growth plan, which will bring good jobs to the southwestern region and help the province stay competitive.”
“At Bend All Automotive we understand how critical it is to adapt and change to lead the way in a very competitive automotive parts manufacturing sector. With Ontario’s support, our company is increasing our competitive edge, creating good jobs, and continuing our 40-year history of contributing to local economic growth.”
“Our new Woodstock plant will feature state-of-the-art production technology and is a major milestone in the evolution of SOPREMA Canada. This investment, combined with our superior customer service and continuous innovation, will enable us to meet the increasingly high expectations of our customers and rapidly changing market.”
“Hino Motors Canada takes pride in delivering superior products and services to our valued customers across Canada. This product line expansion is a key part of our growth strategy to strengthen our position within the North American market. Additionally, this investment will help Hino to expand product offerings to meet the growing demand for our quality products.”