Liam and Olivia Most Popular Baby Names in Ontario
McGuinty Government Helping Parents Register Newborns’ Names Online
Liam and Olivia are the most popular names for boys and girls born in Ontario.
Ethan slipped to second place after holding the top spot for boys' names for six years running, followed by Jacob, Lucas and Noah. Olivia has been the favourite for girls since 2008, and is followed by Emma, Sophia, Ava and Isabella.
Ontario has made it easier for parents by giving them the option to register their newborn's birth and name online from the comfort of their own homes. Through the easy-to-use 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle parents can also apply for their child's birth certificate, Social Insurance Number and Canada Child Benefits, including the Ontario Child Benefit.
Birth certificates ordered online are guaranteed to be mailed within 15 business days or they're free. More than 99.5 per cent of birth certificates ordered online have been delivered on-time.
Expanding online services is part of the McGuinty government's commitment to put families first by making government services faster, friendlier and easier to access.
- The Ontario Registrar General compiles annual lists of given baby names from registered births in the province.
- More than 1,000,000 parents in the province have used the online 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle since it was launched in 2009.
- Parents have up to one year to register a child’s birth.
- The Ontario Child Benefit provides up to $1,100 per child per year to over one million children to help support Ontario families.
- Top 25 Baby Names
- Learn more about the online 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle.
- Learn more about the Ontario Child Benefit.
- Learn more about the most popular baby boy names in Ontario from 1917 - 2010.
- Learn more about the most popular baby girl names in Ontario in Ontario from 1917 - 2010.
- Find out more about ServiceOntario programs and services.
“Welcoming a new baby into the world and choosing the perfect name is an exciting time for parents. With flexible, family-focused services such as the 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle, we’re helping new parents concentrate on what’s really important.”