Applications Open for Ontario Youth Summer Jobs in Natural Resource Management
Job Opportunities for Young People
Ontario is offering more than 1,900 job opportunities in natural resource management.
As part of the Youth Jobs Strategy, Ontario and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry are providing youth with the opportunity to gain skills and job experience through the following internship and summer programs:
- Stewardship Youth Ranger Program
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Internship Program
- Summer Employment Opportunities
- Aboriginal Youth Work Exchange Program
- Ontario Internship Program
- First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program
Providing youth with summer job opportunities is part of the government's economic plan for Ontario. The four-part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people's talents and skills, building new public infrastructure like roads and transit, creating a dynamic, supportive environment where business thrives and building a secure savings plan so everyone can afford to retire.
- There are more than 35 government programs to help youth build skills, start a business or find a job.
- In 2015, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry is offering more than 840 youth employment opportunities in Northern Ontario.
- In 2014, Ontario’s Summer Jobs programs allocated almost $78.5 million, which helped 117,217 students find summer jobs and access employment services.
“We are pleased to offer our youth job opportunities in the management of natural resources. Investing in our young people to help them increase their skills and knowledge will better prepare them for a successful career and foster a life-long passion to care for and protect our natural environment.”